What is the secret to these perfectly. . . .
straight (sorry they're blurry) . . .
lines. . . ?
Well, here it is: first you tape your wall like normal. Then take the color UNDER the tape and paint just the very corner of the tape and the wall you are about to paint. For example, my wall next to the one I was painting, was red, so I taped the wall (the tape is on the red wall because I'm painting the other wall), and took my red paint and just painted the corner in red. That way, when that little bit of paint leaks under the tape (like it always do and then you don't get nice straight lines. . . even though you taped them!) is the color of the wall. So, in this case, the red paint leaks under the tape and onto the red wall. The paint then dries and seals the tape down so the color you are painting the adjacent wall does not leak. Brilliant, huh? I can't take the credit for this, I learned it from a friend in my ward. I am ever so grateful for my straight lines!!
Before:
After:




5 comments:
That is a great tip. Hopefully I will remember it :)
Nice, I will remember that one. I love all the paint. It look so good. I love a freshly painted wall.
I love the paint. My neighbor just painted too and now I need to get crackin'! Come back and help me!
Jamie, I know you explained this to me before, but it didn't make sense until I saw the pictures. Now I get it! (Dang, I am such a visual learner...) Yeah for colored walls!
That's awesome! Your house looks so cute. I wish I could come visit.
Post a Comment