CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our First Real Camping Trip

So, last weekend we went on our first real family camping trip. Why we waited until we had four little kids to do this . . . I don't know. . . :)

We had a lot of fun! The drive was a little further than we anticipated. . . in fact, I made Bryson stop and turn around when we saw the sign for Deadwood Resevoir --40 miles, when we had already been driving for over 2 hours already and this next 40 miles was going to be on a narrow winding dirt road up the mountain. So we found a nice campground along the South fork of the Payette river.

Here are the kids at the beginning of the trip. . . all excited!



Kayla zonked out about 30 seconds after we were on the road.


Our gourmet camping dinner of roasted hot dogs. :)


The kids had a fun time playing in the river, even though it was a little chilly!














I just love this picture. Lily and Kayla are becoming such good friends! It is fun to see them playing togeter so much. Especially now that Nathan is gone at school all day.


Surprisingly, everyone slept great! Except for me, I don't know what my problem was--no kids were keeping me awake, but I just couldn't sleep! Oh, well. It was pretty cold in the morning, so I got the kids to stay in their sleeping bags until 7AM, then we got up and made a fire.




Bryson did an excellent job of cooking pancakes and sausage over the fire!



I realized that Benson needs his own warm fleece blanket. . . I grabbed Kayla's for him. . . he will probably complain about being wrapped in a purple blanket in this picture when he is older.



He was great, though, just keeping warm by the fire in his bouncer chair!



On our way home, we stopped at Lucky Peak, just outside of Boise and had a great time playing in the sand and water!


Lily got pretty brave in the water!



Bryson buried Nathan in the sand and he loved it!
And then they were all buried in sand!


They look like they are going on a roller coaster here. . . :)

So, overall, I would rate our camping trip a success!! It did take a LOT of preparation, packing, unpacking, and LAUNDRY. I am still recovering. . . a week later. But we sure had a lot of FUN!

5 comments:

Rachel Hair said...

Looks like so much fun! Kayla and Lily look so close in age in some of those pictures. We're hoping to do more camping in October and November when the weather is better. :)

Rob and Dani said...

Jamie I agree it looks like you pulled off a successful camping trip - even with 4 kids! Camping sure is a lot of work - and a lot of LAUNDRY! I could definitely live without camping but it makes my boys (and Rob) so happy! That makes it worth it. We should go camping together next summer!

Lisa Merkley said...

:) We just did our first family camping trip, too. Except ours didn't turn out such a great success. No one slept well. Someone stole our firewood while we were all in our tent. The kids didn't want to get in the water. Sarah couldn't stop crying.

I'm thinking we should try it again and see if we can strike gold like you guys did.

Brad and Keri said...

You are so brave. I'm very glad you guys had such a great time. I can only imagine all the packing, unpacking, and laundry involved, but I'm so glad you guys had fun!

Washington Hills said...

Now I have something new to be in awe of with you.