CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

We Got Chicks!

Meet the newest members of our family! Strate (Nathan's chick, started out as Fluffy, then Bird of Prey, now Strate. . . ), Sweet Tweet (or the latest might be Fluffy, I can't keep track--that's Lily's), and Dorothy (Kayla's--she loves the Wizard of Oz). Hopefully, one of the names of Nathan's and Lily's will stick before too long! Lily, holding Sweet Tweet.


Kayla and Dorothy.
The girls' favorite sitting spot, staring down on the baby chicks.
I didn't get a picture of Nathan with his yet. The kids are having so much fun with these little gals. :) We are hoping they will be nice, low maintenance, productive pets. ;)

3 comments:

Live Out Loud said...

Oh I am so, SO jealous!!! We have been planning to get chickens for a couple of years now, but have had such a mess of a backyard that our plans have gone slowly. Hopefully by the summer we too will have chicks! Enjoy them!
xo,
Sara

jeannie said...

CUTE!! So who is making the chicken coop?
I kind of want to get some but I think my dog would eat them or torment them.

Stacie Perkins Palmer said...

They are so cute as baby chicks! Too bad they can't stay that cute as chickens.