We got some raspberry starts from a family in our ward early in the summer and we got a lot of raspberries from them! It was Lily and Kayla's favorite thing to go outside each day and check for new berries. For quite awhile we would get about 10 or so a day--which seemed pretty good for tiny little starts! We will miss those this winter!
On September 7th, we had a set of missionaries move in with us. They will be living with us for a year. It has been a really fun experience! We did have to do a little juggling of bedrooms. . . Lily and Kayla now share, Nathan moved into Kayla's and the Elders live in Nathan's old room (it is the biggest). Anyway, a few weeks ago, our first missionary got transferred. We really enjoyed having him here! It made for an easy transition to have two great missionaries living with us!
Yesterday, we actually got a third Elder. So, for the next six weeks we will have the three missionaries living with us.



So, that's a little of what's been going on here.
These next pictures are part of what has kept me very busy this summer. I can't say that it is all over yet, though, I going to be getting a lot of apples in a couple weeks to do more applesauce, dehydrate, and make apple pie filling. Yum! I've got tons of peaches (all gleaned from the church orchard for FREE), some applesauce, pear sauce, and cherries on these two shelves.
I canned tomato sauce for the first time (it made the BEST lasagna. . . YUMMY), stewed tomatoes, salsa, and sweet and sour sauce. Pretty much everything I used for these came straight from the ward garden for FREE.
There has been a couple good deals on chicken lately, so I have taken advantage of that and gotten large boxes and canned them. It is sooooooo nice and convenient to use!!! It is super easy to can--and it is delicious. :)
So, that's a little of what's been going on here.
Also, Perkins Law is expanding! Bryson hired a secretary a couple months ago to help him keep up with his work load. Today, he gave a job offer to another attorney and it was accepted, so the firm is growing! He will be moving offices in December to a nice building that used to be a law office. It will be very comfortable and actually cheaper than where he is now. So, a good move!
Oh, and I have the Egyptian Flu. Yep. I'm going to be a MUMMY. :) May 12th is the day for #4 to arrive!
That's about it for us!



13 comments:
Congratulations!!! I am so impressed with your canning! I've canned chicken, peaches and made apple butter, but that's it. Please give me your recipe for the tomatoe sauce and lasagna :)
Congrats on the flu! And I'm with Lisa about the tomato sauce. What's your recipe?
That's wonderful! You and Krista will have an exciting spring :)
Congrats! It sounds like things are good at Perkins house.
yippee! congratulations and welcome to the world of four! :)
All great news!
Congratulations on Perkins #4, you are a good family to take in missionaries, and your canning shelves are CRAZY COOL! It is basement artwork. :) Yes... I want your recipes, too. Maybe on your self-reliance blog?
First-congrats!!!...second-your stocked shelves are amazing!!! ...Third-Having missionaries sounds like it would be a fun experience, but how can they be at the house when your husband is at work?
Congrats!! I am due the 11th!! haha, too bad we don't live by each other anymore...we could watch our bellies grow together! :)
Okay Jamie...your pantry looks SO beautiful. I mean good job with the food storage, but also you have an artistic flair in how you have it all organized. I am jealous. Also, congratulations on the new little one. Being a mummy is wonderful!!!
Congratulations, Jamie & family!!!
Blessings to you on the news of Baby Perkins. SO impressed how you seem to do it ALL...and SO well. xox
I hadn't heard Bryson's offer got accepted, congrats! Once again, I am JEALOUS of all the fruits of your canning labor! Your shelves do look awesome.
Congratulations Mummy! Your shelves are gorgeous. I've never seen such pretty food storage.
Love the post, James! Jealous of the pantry, jealous of the raspberries, not so jealous of the Egyptian flu...
Post a Comment