Here are some food projects that I have been having fun with. I've been sprouting wheat. It is great! Sooooo easy and quick and healthy! I will be posting more about how to do it on my self-reliance blog. . . soon. . .
I canned chicken for the first time. It was so easy and is great!!
I've also been adding wheat berries, cracked wheat, and TVP (textured vegetable protein) to my ground beef as a meat extender (not all at the same time. . . ). These are my sloppy joes that I started out with less then a cup of meat and ended up with a whole pan. We love them, too!
What a great year for cherries it has been ! Our family drove out to Emmett and picked our own cherries a few Saturdays ago and I canned a bunch of them, dehydrated a bunch of them (YUMMY!!) and ate them until I was sick. I love cherries!
1 day ago



4 comments:
Awesome! When its time to can tomatoes, let me know :)
Those cherries look BEAUTIFUL!!! I think I want that photo for my desktop background!
You are my idol!! As soon as I get a new gauge for my canner I hope to be able to start canning. So how do you make wheat berries? I have wheat
How on earth do you can anything with three kids??!!!
Post a Comment