So, I'm a bit behind on blogging, things have been busy and I have started using Facebook, too. Anyway, here's our great trip to Chesterfield, Idaho. What??? You've never heard of it?? That's because it's a small farming community with not even a gas station to it's name. It is a great place and Bryson lived there until he was seven. His parents recently retired and have spent the summer in the nice cool Idaho weather to escape the hot Mesquite summer. So, we had a little Perkins reunion there and it was great! We started our trip by taking a pit stop in Twin Falls and went through the temple open house. By the way, we took this trip back in July. The temple is beautiful and after going through it, we drove out to Shoshone Falls, literally 5 minutes from the temple, to see it, since there is a beautiful mural of them inside the temple.
We woke up to a very CHILLY morning on July 24th. I forgot that it is much cooler over on that side of the state and was totally unprepared. We were all in summer pajamas and I didn't bring a single jacket, pants, or anything warm for anyone.
There's a Pioneer Day pancake breakfast, parade, and races (the kind where people run on the grass kind of races) in the thriving metropolis of Bancroft, the nearby town (population 350) every year. We had a great time at the parade! I heard it has grown over the years. It went down mainstreet, and then turned around and went back, so we got to see it twice! They do know how to throw candy, we got more candy from that parade than we got at Halloween!
Here'a little warm up race with some of the Perkins before the real thing.
Bryson or Brad??? I caught the lucky photo finish on camera.
We got Lily up on a horse for a ride. She enjoyed it once she was up there! It was hard to get her to get on it, though.
We roasted hot dogs and marshmellows. . .;
We toured the historic town sites. . .
Chesterfield was settled by Mormon pioneers and is one of the few that is still around in a similar condition that it was when it was settled. There are still many of the original townsite buildings and cabins. This is the Perkins Cabin, built by one of Bryson's ancestors.
Kara was staying with us at the time and got to come with us. :) Kayla is always looking for something to eat. . .
We had 13 of the 15 grandkids there! Here are Cameron and Nathan. They are 3 months apart and like to call each other on the phone and talk every now and then. It was so nice to see everyone since we are so far away from them!
We also had fun four-wheeling! I didn't get a picture posted, but Nathan and Lily were practically glued to the seats! They loved it! We had so much fun spending time with family!!




12 comments:
Sounds like you had a good time. I love those small town things. BTW, I tagged you on my blog. :)
Looks like lots of fun!
It's fun to see how your family has grown I hope you don't mined me taking a peek. I also like seeing my own grandsons in the pictures. It's all in the family.
Theresa AKA Grammybumblebee
Whew. I mean, I'm sure you had a wonderful time--especially with all the family you got to see--but how long did it take you all to recover? (I would've waited a YEAR before I posted anything, I think!)
Good to see you guys are doing well!
(did you notice that your template actually coordinates with this comment box?)
Looks like it was way fun!! I'm still catching up on the summer and getting to know facebook too! :o)
Don't worry-I haven't been blogging much lately either. Looks like a really fun trip! My family has reunions in little Idaho towns too-must be a mormon thing. :)
I love the pictures of your cute family. We miss you tons and we really hope you get to come here for the holidays. Love Christy
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. Nothin like being with family.
small towns are the best!!
You have such a cute bunch!!
I love the pictures. I wish I would have been better at taking pictures while we were up there.
How much fun! I loved the first picture - of the whole family with your three stairstep children. Adorable!
Post a Comment