CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 31, 2009

A little of this and that

Well, I am trying to catch up a little on my lack of posting. . . life seems to be getting busier. I blame my lack of posting on two things: my new calling and my new hobby.

My new calling is Ward Self-Reliance Specialist. I am so loving it! In my ward, we are now dry pack canning every month and I get to pass on all sorts of good preparedness info that I find through my email list. I am learning so much and really enjoy seeing the people in my ward get excited about self-reliance.

My new hobby is couponing. We now get 4 Sunday papers and I am usually busy clipping coupons and planning out my shopping list. It is really hard to pass up amazing deals!

So, during the time that I was normally trying to update my blog, I am now either working on my calling, or clipping coupons!

So, here comes a major post of some random things we have done lately, and they are not in chronological order. . .



I bought a little kiddie pool a couple weeks ago and we the kids have been spending just about every afternoon out swimming!


And picnicing. . .





Bryson and Nathan went on the Fathers and Sons campout. Nathan looks forward to this all year long! They had a great time!!



Kayla is growing up! She is 19months old now! She does well in nursery (phew) and is so much fun to have around. She keeps us all laughing!



We went up to Walla Walla Mother's Day weekend to see my sisters, Lori and Kara in their high school musical. We spent all Saturday doing yardwork. Nathan did his share of the work, as you can see. . .

He had fun riding the lawnmower with grandma.



Kayla was happy as long as she was in the swing! :)



Cousin Daylen thought he would help out by trimming the tree. . .



The high school performed the musical "Little Women" and it was awesome! I was so impressed with everything about it. Lori got to swing in on a rope! It was great!



A few weeks ago, we went to the Boise zoo with some friends. The kids really enjoyed it, even though it rained, hailed, the wind blew, and was nice and sunny--just a crazy weather day.


Here's Kayla, petting the fake Komodo Dragon.



And Lily, posing on him.


Nathan had a blast going down the giraffe slide.


And, also this month, we had our preschool graduation. It was a group preschool where we all took turns teaching. It was alot of fun and now the kids are so ready for kindergarden in the fall!




Well, there's my attept to update the blog. :) Life continues to go on!












1 comments:

Washington Hills said...

James, this is fabulous! I love the Boise Zoo. I think it's the perfect size for kids (and parents with kids, smile).

Love the picture with you and your sisters. That is awesome. I'll bet your folks love to see stuff like that.

Well, I don't know what our summer plans are, but I'm going through Boise withdrawl just a bit. Hopefully soon?